February 23, 2017
February 13, 2017
Due to Monday's high winds and the need to address storm damage on an urgent basis, the start of planned work here in Waterview will be delayed by a day. The Care of Treescrew will start work this Wednesday, February 15. Work should be completed by the middle or latter part of next week.
February 10, 2017
Winter Tree Work to Resume – Valentine’s Day Edition
The Care of Trees will be back in Waterview, beginning February 14th and extending for a week or more. The COT crew will be completing priority dead-wood pruning tasks and removing deceased or failing trees that may present a hazard if not removed. Here is a synopsis of the work planned by location:
• Pruning Red Oaks and White Oaks along the upper, middle, and lower Grand Canyon;
• Removal of a mature Red Maple near the bottom of the Grand Canyon compromised by storm damage (loss of major limbs).
Marina & Tot Lot
• Repairing storm damage to a mature Red Maple directly across from the marina;
• Removal of dead branches in trees overhanging the tot lot;
• Removal of two dead Ironwood trees (one near tot lot and one along south side of the marina).
Upper Orchard Lane
• Removal of two declining Black Cherries just above the parking and trash/recycling bins, upper level of multistory carport;
• Pruning, raising canopy, and cabling of Sugar Maple adjacent to carport;
• Pruning and raising of canopy, multiple Red Maples in front of 11466 – 11478 Orchard Lane;
• Removal of two dead White Oaks along RA pathway (behind 11466 – 11478 Orchard Lane).
If you have any questions or concerns about this work, please contact Charlie Saunders (703-376-1473).
February 5, 2017
Waterview Cluster Association
Regular Board of Directors Meeting
Monday February 6, 2017 7:00 PM
Call to Order & Welcome - Karen Wilkens
Approve January meeting minutes
December Financials – Marge Carrico
Capital Improvements - Charlie Saunders
Update on Dominion reimbursement for damages and asphalt areas needing improvement
Winter Tree work
Trash and Snow Removal – Jeff Crowe
Landscape Report – Karen Wilkens
Sand replenishment, tot lot mulch, woodchips at marina and nearby paths
Covenants Committee – Tiffany Lockhart
Lamppost Repair – Jim Traylor
Status of WVC handbook revisions – Bobbie Kennedy and Marge Carrico
Miscellaneous – Karen Wilkens
Car in lower Waterview with expired license plates
Date of March Meeting
The Waterview Cluster Board will meet Monday, February 6, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. 11464 Waterview Cluster.